Wednesday, April 1, 2009

yummy

For dinner last night I crockpot a buffalo roast with onions, a yam, and a bottle of newcastle. Slow cooked low 10 hours and WOW...it was sooooooo good. Also made some broccoli which was the best I have ever had, even Jarod loved it :D I will post the recipe because it must be tried.

Pre-heat oven to 425
get about 4 pounds of broccoli, for this to work the broccoli must be dry, so if you wash your broccoli made sure to dry it completely, I just bought organic and didn't wash it that way I didn't have to worry about it.
Cut in kinda large florets and place on baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper. Also, slice up a few garlic cloves and toss them in.
Bake 20-25 minutes, they should have some browned tips to them
take out, sprinkle some lemon peel or zest a lemon over top, then squeeze the juice on top of broccoli
then drizzle a tiny bit more olive oil on top, finally top with some grated parmasean cheese.

Let me know how it turns out :)

today's menu...
breakfast: applesauce concoction, hard-boiled egg
Lunch: leftover roast,yam,broccoli
Dinner:Lettuce wrap jalapeno burger, and a bunch a dried fruit (had a sweet tooth)

No comments: