Friday, May 8, 2009

Dinosaur Droppings AKA Paleo Fudge

For those instances when you have a sweet tooth, (like me...alllll the time) I found this recipe from Son of Grok

Ingredients:
- 1 bar ghirardelli 100% cocoa baking chocolate
- 1/2 can or 7oz of coconut milk
- 2 tblspns coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tblspoons egg white powder. I am not entirely sure about the necessity of this ingredient but i used it and it worked so I am keeping it in here.
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup almond butter. This is where I really failed keeping track. I just spooned it right into the pan.
- Crushed walnuts (or another nut you would like to use.
-(Optional) Add in some stevia or sweetener if you need it sweeter. I don’t think it needs additional sweetening at all.

Directions:
1. Slowly warm coconut milk in a saucepan on low to medium heat.
2. Add in almond butter and stir until smooth. Keep pan on low-medium heat.
3. Add chocolate bar. It will melt easier if you break it into its section. Stir on low-medium heat until smooth.
4. Add coconut oil and once again stir while keeping mixture on low-medium heat.
5. Stir in egg white powder and vanilla.
6. Once all stirred and melted. Remove from heat.
7. Stir in crushed walnuts (or other nut) and allow mixture to cool enough to handle. You can do this in the freezer or refrigerator to speed it up.
8. After sufficiently cooled, use your hands to roll the mixture into whatever size fudgeballs you would like.
9. Cool the fudgeballs in the freezer or refrigerator.
10. Once cooled and hardened… enjoy! Store in refrigerator.


"The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be President would be "What the hell you mean we're out of missiles?" 

-Glenn Beck

No comments: