Sunday, May 17, 2009

Primal Pizza


Golden Flax Crust:
2/3 cup flax meal, 1/3 cup almond meal, 1-1.5 tsp baking powder, salt to taste, 3 tsp olive oil (or coconut oil/butter)  2 eggs, water (enough to pour batter). I added a tsp of thyme, oregano, and pepper to the batter
Double these ingredients if you want a larger pizza
-Preheat oven 375
-Mix contents well to form dough
-oil pan or pizza stone, and form dough into shape(thinner on inside, and thicker around the edges)
-Cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown
-Meanwhile heat a can of pizza sauce stove top on low, precook/sautee any meat/toppings you'd like. 
-Take out of oven, spread sauce over crust, then top with cheese of your choice (I used fresh mozerella)
-Then put on toppings and cook another 15 minutes or so....
This is a really easy recipe, and you can also just make the flax bread to use for sandwiches, or if you want something sweet, instead of adding the spices to the batter, add some honey or agave, cinnamon, and some fruit!
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions :D 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I want to meet you just to come to dinner :) just kidding (I really am kidding). You are quiet the cook!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now that one looks good!!! Put that on the menu when I come and invite Deb too!

Alex said...

You are welcome anytime Debbie! And by the way, this cooking thing is totally new to me...I am just recently getting the hang of it :)

Hillary said...

I'm gonna try this on Saturday! Looks awesome and I haven't had pizza in five months!

Alex said...

Hope you like it! It was so easy to make...when you roll the dough on the pan, make it super thin because it rises quite a bit and the slices are reeaallly filling :)

Jared McQueen said...

just tried the recipe - doubled it for a LARGE pizza. The crust didn't end up so well - the flax meal made it taste kinda weird. Not too bad... just need to experiment with flax/almond flour ratios. Thanks fore the recipe!